Linking Justice and Peace in the Lectionary
One of the ways we resource members and others in the area of justice and peace education and awareness is by providing resources for preaching about the links between justice and peace in the Catholic Lectionary cycle of readings. The homily resources provided are available to all on our website and, in a timely way, via our emailed JP Alerts. The information in these resources comes from various members of our CMSM community and others with particular insights to share.
Justice & Peace Action Items
November 29, 2016 - Immigrants and World Day of Peace
Below are several ongoing action alerts sponsored by CMSM. Click on the link to learn more and to take action today.
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Boycott Israeli Settlement Products and Companies
- Prevent Genocide and Atrocities Act
- Money In Politics
- Green Climate Fund
- South Sudan Diplomacy
Visit our Justice & Peace Alerts Archive for additional past alerts.
The J/P Alert, a monthly publication of the Justice and Peace Office, is a brief, easy to read, resource that is sent to all CMSM members, JPIC's and any other interested persons, and it is formatted so that it can be easily distributed to others. To receive these alerts please contact the Justice and Peace Director, Eli S. McCarthy, Ph.D.
Recent Official Releases
- CMSM Media Assembly Statement Release - Paranoia to Metanoia: Courageous Mercy Transforming Violence and Racism - 08-18-16
- CMSM Media Release - Religious Men's Leaders' Annual Assembly Focuses on the Year of Mercy and Installs a New President - 08-08-16
- CMSM Media Release - CMSM Board Accepts National Advisory Council Report on Child Protection Efforts by Religious Institutes - 08-08-16