As Catholic religious leaders in the U.S., CMSM is sick with grief and disgust at the recent decision by the administration to put children and young people in abrupt uncertainty by ending DACA.
Pope Francis, who visited Colombia in early September, spoke on September 9 to priests, religious, seminarians and their families in Medellin.
Below are several ongoing action alerts sponsored by CMSM. Click on the link to learn more and to take action today.
- Afghanistan and Ending 2001 AUMF
- Peacebuilding / Pentagon Spending
- Stop Yemen Famine and War
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Commit to Environmental Justice
- Boycott Israeli Settlement Products and Companies
Visit our Justice & Peace Alerts Archive for additional past alerts.
The J/P Alert, a monthly publication of the Justice and Peace Office, is a brief, easy to read, resource that is sent to all CMSM members, JPIC's and any other interested persons, and it is formatted so that it can be easily distributed to others. To receive these alerts please sign up on our Justice & Peace page.
Thirteenth Annual CMSM Workshop: Instruments of Hope and Healing
Fostering Well-being, Wellness and Flourishing Lives With Men on Safety Plans:
Creatively Facing Individual and Communal Realities, Challenges and Complexities
Oblate Renewal Center
San Antonio, Texas
October 23-25, 2017
- A "Case Study Method" will be used throughout these days together to facilitate more dialogue, discussion, and engagement.
- Emphasis in each case will be given to the "Dynamics of fostering Well-being, Wellness and Flourishing" (both individually and communally).
- Additionally, each presentation will attempt to address the dual realities: the internal dimensions (unique sexual histories, the neuropsychology of an offender, and the unique challenges of aging with this population) within the external dimensions: a changing social/communal landscape, inability to contain the offender, and limited resources.
- Outside experts, Supervisors and Provincial Leaders with years of experience and shared wisdom will be our speakers.
Paul Ashton, Psy.D., D.Min., Facilitator
Gerard J. McGlone, S.J., Ph.D., CMSM Associate Director for Child Protection
MODESTO, Calif., Feb. 18, 2017 – The Most Rev. Robert W. McElroy, head of the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Diego, today delivered the following comments at the U.S. Regional World Meeting of Popular Movements during a panel discussion on the barriers marginalized people face in housing and work.