National Symposium on the Life of the Religious Brother
The Brothers Think Tank proudly announces the National Symposium on the Life of the Religious Brother, an event at the University of Notre Dame (South Bend, Indiana), to be held on the Feast of the Annunciation, Saturday, March 25, 2017. The program, based on the Vatican document on the "Identity and Mission of the Religious Brother in Church" published in December 2015, is also being sponsored by CMSM, the National Religious Vocation Conference, the Religious Brothers Conference, the Religious Formation Conference, and the University of Notre Dame.
This Symposium is not only for religious brothers -- priests, sisters, laity, and students interested in learning more about the vocation of the Religious Brother are warmly invited to attend.
For more information and to register visit the Brothers Symposium web page.
To go directly to the online registration form for the event, click here.
Justice & Peace Action Items
Below are several ongoing action alerts sponsored by CMSM. Click on the link to learn more and to take action today.
- Immigration Reform: BRIDGE Act
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Commit to Environmental Justice
- Boycott Israeli Settlement Products and Companies
- Prevent Genocide and Atrocities Act
Visit our Justice & Peace Alerts Archive for additional past alerts.
The J/P Alert, a monthly publication of the Justice and Peace Office, is a brief, easy to read, resource that is sent to all CMSM members, JPIC's and any other interested persons, and it is formatted so that it can be easily distributed to others. To receive these alerts please sign up on our Justice & Peace page.
Recent Official Releases
- Media Release: ICE Must Respect Places of Worship and Ministry - 02-21-17
- CMSM Media Assembly Statement Release - Paranoia to Metanoia: Courageous Mercy Transforming Violence and Racism - 08-18-16
- CMSM Media Release - Religious Men's Leaders' Annual Assembly Focuses on the Year of Mercy and Installs a New President - 08-08-16
- CMSM Media Release - CMSM Board Accepts National Advisory Council Report on Child Protection Efforts by Religious Institutes - 08-08-16