Growing in Leadership
This annual workshop – held this year at the new CMSM National Office in Greenbelt, MD – is designed for major superiors and councilors in office two years or less, as well as emerging leaders from your congregations. Leadership teams are encouraged to attend together.
Learn from and collaborate with experts who can help you and your leadership team excel. Among the topics:
- Canon and civil law
- Leadership for vocations and formation
- Navigating personnel concerns
- Self-care and leadership
- Working with dioceses
- New issues with safeguarding
- Resources from CMSM and others
This is a great opportunity to connect with others new to leadership, as well as veteran leaders and experts. The workshop will include a mix of presentations, a panel discussion, a “lunch & law” conversation with civil and canon lawyers (bring your questions), and conversation and fellowship. We will gather for morning prayer and daily liturgy.
- $525/person: includes workshop, all meals, and two nights at the Holiday Inn adjacent to the new CMSM office (extended stay available)
- $395/person: commuter – includes workshop and all meals (except breakfast)
- CMSM’s new office is near Amtrak (New Carrollton station) and Greenbelt Metro (free hotel shuttle or CMSM pick-up). From BWI airport, ground transportation includes Amtrak and MARC rail to New Carrollton, as well as an hourly express bus to Greenbelt Metro. From Reagan National airport, take Metro to the Greenbelt station (Green Line).
Partial speaker list:
- Paul Ashton, Psy.D.
- Rev. Luke Ballman
- Drew Dillingham
- Sr. Sharon Euart, RSM, JCD
- Chris Fusco, JD, JCL
- Deacon Mark Fontana
- Tom Gaunt, SJ
- John Langlois, OP
- Adam McDonald, SVD
- Connie Ostop
- Mark Padrez, OP
- Mike Riley
- David Songy, OFM Cap, STD, Psy.D.
- Sr. Stephanie Still, PBVM
- Melanie Takinen