Growing in Leadership
“It was a fantastic three days. Extremely helpful!”
“Thanks for the fantastic workshop and wonderful hospitality.
It really was exactly what I needed to understand so many facets of my upcoming responsibilities, as well as the resources to tackle them.”
“The workshop was so well done and packed with good information.”
This annual workshop is designed for major superiors and councilors who have been in office two years or less (or are returning to leadership). Learn from veteran leaders and experts who will provide practical advice and information, answer questions, and introduce you to resources you may not have known about, plus enjoy fellowship and share experiences with other new leaders.
Sessions include a mix of presentations, panel discussions, a “lunch & law” conversation with civil and canon lawyers (bring your questions!), conversation, and daily Mass (including a planned Mass at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, followed by dinner in the Brookland neighborhood of Washington, DC).
Among the topics:
- Top 10 for new leaders
- Canon and civil law
- Navigating personnel concerns
- Vocations, formation and leadership decisions
- Building relationships with bishops and dioceses
- Resources from CMSM, NRRO, RCRI, and others
- $550/person: includes workshop, all meals, and two nights at the nearby Hilton Garden Inn (extended stay available)
- $395/person: commuter – includes workshop and all meals (except breakfast)
Institutes are welcome to send two or more people.
The CMSM National Office is in Greenbelt, Maryland, near NASA and just north of Washington, DC. We are located near two major highways, Amtrak (New Carrollton station) and Greenbelt Metro (free hotel shuttle or CMSM pick-up). Parking is free and the region is served by two airports:
- From Thurgood Marshall Baltimore-Washington (BWI) airport, ground transportation includes Amtrak and MARC regional rail to New Carrollton, as well as an hourly express bus to the Greenbelt Metro station (hotel shuttle pick up there)
- From Reagan National airport, take the Metro subway to the Greenbelt station (Green Line)
Questions? Please contact Susan Gibbs at email@example.com or 301-588-4030