Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation (JPIC)
JPIC Roma, a joint commission of the Union of Superiors General (male religious) and International Union of Superiors General (female religious), is responsible internationally for “animating men and women religious in justice, peace and integrity of creation according to the vows of the evangelical life, through experience, social analysis, spiritual reflection and action.”
JPIC Roma offers context for JPIC work, and its website has key links and resources.
Build a Culture of JPIC through Prayer and Liturgy
- Use our weekly homily resources to speak from a justice and peace perspective
- Draft petitions and prayers that can be used at liturgy, or morning or evening prayer. One resource is the Center for Concern’s Education for Justice (membership required; extensive resources)
- Display information in the church narthex, gathering space, etc., focusing on a current urgent issue, such as immigration or human trafficking
- Include information in bulletins, Flocknote and online
- Hold a special Mass to pray for an issue or organize a prayer service on a JPIC theme (Archdiocese of Dublin example: “Prayer Service for Justice in Our World” (Word doc).
Create an Internal Structure to Advocate for JPIC
These are examples from or for member religious institutes that help guide their justice and peace ministry.