A delegation from CMSM recently participated in an unprecedented gathering of Catholics from across the United States in Orlando, Florida organized by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Rev. John Pavlik, OFM. Cap., CMSM Executive Director, recently attended the annual Anglophone Safeguards Conference in Rome from June 19-22, 2017 at the Gregorian University. This year’s conference theme was “Celebrating Hope.”
Justice & Peace
August 14, 2017 - CMSM Resolution: "Gospel Nonviolence: The Way of the Church"
August 16, 2017- Catholic_Coalition_Charlottesville_Final
Below are several ongoing action alerts sponsored by CMSM. Click on the link to learn more and to take action today.
- Peacebuilding / Pentagon Spending
- Stop Yemen Famine and War
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Commit to Environmental Justice
- Boycott Israeli Settlement Products and Companies
Visit our Justice & Peace Alerts Archive for additional past alerts.
The J/P Alert, a monthly publication of the Justice and Peace Office, is a brief, easy to read, resource that is sent to all CMSM members, JPIC's and any other interested persons, and it is formatted so that it can be easily distributed to others. To receive these alerts please sign up on our Justice & Peace page.
Thirteenth Annual CMSM Workshop: Instruments of Hope and Healing
Fostering Well-being, Wellness and Flourishing Lives With Men on Safety Plans:
Creatively Facing Individual and Communal Realities, Challenges and Complexities
Oblate Renewal Center
San Antonio, Texas
October 23-25, 2017
- A "Case Study Method" will be used throughout these days together to facilitate more dialogue, discussion, and engagement.
- Emphasis in each case will be given to the "Dynamics of fostering Well-being, Wellness and Flourishing" (both individually and communally).
- Additionally, each presentation will attempt to address the dual realities: the internal dimensions (unique sexual histories, the neuropsychology of an offender, and the unique challenges of aging with this population) within the external dimensions: a changing social/communal landscape, inability to contain the offender, and limited resources.
- Outside experts, Supervisors and Provincial Leaders with years of experience and shared wisdom will be our speakers.
Paul Ashton, Psy.D., D.Min., Facilitator
Gerard J. McGlone, S.J., Ph.D., CMSM Associate Director for Child Protection
Forum – Winter 2017: Statements of Cardinal Cupich and Cardinal Tobin on the Executive Order on Refugees and Migrants
Statement of Cardinal Cupich – January 29, 2017 – This weekend proved to be a dark moment in U.S. history. The executive order to turn away refugees and to close our nation to those, particularly Muslims, fleeing violence, oppression and persecution is contrary to both Catholic and American values. Have we not repeated the disastrous decisions of those in the past who turned away other people fleeing violence, leaving certain ethnicities and religions marginalized and excluded? We Catholics know that history well, for, like others, we have been on the other side of such decisions.