from Catholic Transcript Online Catholic leaders said President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw the United States from the Paris climate change agreement snubs the needs of impoverished people around the world and eschews responsibility to begin addressing the causes of global warming. They joined a broad cross section of U.S. society and world leaders and… Read more »
The readings of this post-Easter season are rich in images. The disciples struggle to understand the mystery of Jesus’ death and resurrection. We too seek understanding in a world fraught with pain and suffering. Solidarity remains standing with the people of South Sudan; Solidarity is the face of God to the people, in an ever widening conflict.
Justice & Peace
August 14, 2017 - CMSM Resolution: "Gospel Nonviolence: The Way of the Church"
August 16, 2017- Catholic_Coalition_Charlottesville_Final
Below are several ongoing action alerts sponsored by CMSM. Click on the link to learn more and to take action today.
- Peacebuilding / Pentagon Spending
- Stop Yemen Famine and War
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Commit to Environmental Justice
- Boycott Israeli Settlement Products and Companies
Visit our Justice & Peace Alerts Archive for additional past alerts.
The J/P Alert, a monthly publication of the Justice and Peace Office, is a brief, easy to read, resource that is sent to all CMSM members, JPIC's and any other interested persons, and it is formatted so that it can be easily distributed to others. To receive these alerts please sign up on our Justice & Peace page.
Thirteenth Annual CMSM Workshop: Instruments of Hope and Healing
Fostering Well-being, Wellness and Flourishing Lives With Men on Safety Plans:
Creatively Facing Individual and Communal Realities, Challenges and Complexities
Oblate Renewal Center
San Antonio, Texas
October 23-25, 2017
- A "Case Study Method" will be used throughout these days together to facilitate more dialogue, discussion, and engagement.
- Emphasis in each case will be given to the "Dynamics of fostering Well-being, Wellness and Flourishing" (both individually and communally).
- Additionally, each presentation will attempt to address the dual realities: the internal dimensions (unique sexual histories, the neuropsychology of an offender, and the unique challenges of aging with this population) within the external dimensions: a changing social/communal landscape, inability to contain the offender, and limited resources.
- Outside experts, Supervisors and Provincial Leaders with years of experience and shared wisdom will be our speakers.
Paul Ashton, Psy.D., D.Min., Facilitator
Gerard J. McGlone, S.J., Ph.D., CMSM Associate Director for Child Protection
Uh Oh. Something is missing. Try double checking things.