CMSM offers a variety of events for our members, fellow religious, and other experts or professionals concerned with or working in areas related to the protection of minors in the church. The information for these events is shared with all participants and an archive is made available here on our website. These documents are only available to those who have attended the workshop. For further information on access to these files, please contact Marissa Thomas in the CMSM office by e-mail or phone at 301-588-4030.
Fifteenth Annual CMSM Safeguarding Workshop
October 28-30, 2019
Bethany Center in Lutz, Florida
As the Church continues to experience scrutiny of its safe environment programs, while struggling to address leadership accountability, CMSM maintains a commitment to offer in-depth dialogue to our members in the implementation of best practices in safeguarding. We will learn together how we can affirm what we are doing well, address the new challenges before us, and implement interventions to strengthen our responses and programs.
This year's workshop will offer three different tracks:
- Victim Assistance Coordinators
- Review Board leaders, members, and administators
As always, we will bring together an experienced and knowledgeable team who will lead the discussion, as we explore the psychological, social, and spiritual aspects of safeguarding. Information has been emailed to CMSM members and safeguarding contacts provided to CMSM. The agenda will be available in early June. If you are a CMSM member and would like the registration link, please contact Tom Southard, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Workshops Archive
2017 CMSM Pre-Assembly Workshop: "Model Procedures for Review Boards: A Practical Application"
Scottsdale, Arizona | August 1, 2017
The master package of the 2017 resources from the Pre-Assembly Workshop may be downloaded via the links below.
Files are PASSWORD PROTECTED where indicated. You must enter the password in order to open both files. Those who attended the Pre-Assembly Workshop will receive the password via email. If you have any questions, please contact Marissa Thomas.
- Prayer for Healing & Reconciliation
- Slides from the 2017 Pre-Assembly Workshop (password required)
- List of CMSM Member Websites with Child Protection Information/Resources (password required)
- 2017 Pre-Assembly Workshop Participants List (password protected)
- White Paper on Archdiocesan/Religious Review Boards by Sr. Sharon Euart, RSM
- Praesidium Online Training
2016 CMSM Supervision Workshop on “The Evolving Challenges for Major Superiors and Supervisors”
San Antonio, Texas | Oct. 24-26, 2016
The five documents below were used during the presentations and panel discussions at the 2016 Supervision Workshop and may be downloaded via the links below.
All the files are PASSWORD PROTECTED. You must enter the password in order to open these files. Those who attended the 2016 Supervision Workshop will receive the password via email. If you have any questions, please contact Marissa Thomas.
- Introduction to the Topic (Dr. Monica Applewhite)
- Changing Needs of Our Elder Members: Inviting Conversation and Collaboration (Deacon Steven DeMartino)
- Reflections on Being in Leadership at Beginning and Early Years of the Sexual Abuse Crisis (Br. Daniel Dorsey)
- Hope and Healing Response Team Program Model: A Social Work Intervention for Clergy Abuse (Journal of Social Work Values and Ethics)
- Perspectives from Rome (Msgr. Robert Oliver)
2016 CMSM Pre-Assembly Workshop on “Instruments of Hope and Healing”
Columbus, Ohio | August 2, 2016
The master package of the 2016 Standards for Accreditation (including appendix documents) and the Power-Point slides used in the Pre-Assembly Workshop may be downloaded via the links below.
The Master Page file is unrestricted. The other files are PASSWORD PROTECTED. You must enter the password in order to open both files. Those who attended the Pre-Assembly Workshop will receive the password via email. If you have any questions, please contact Marissa Thomas.