Youth and Religious Leaders Together: Discerning in Missionary Discipleship
July 31-August 3, 2018 | St. Louis, Missouri | #cmsm2018 | #synod2018
CMSM members: Bring your vocation and young adult ministry teams with you this year as we anticipate the October 2018 Synod on Young People, the Faith, and Vocational Discernment (read more in the Instrumentum Laboris for Synod 2018)
- Help young adults respond to Pope Francis’ call to discover their plan for life through vocational discernment, with joy and openness to God, and with participation in our Church and world
- Engage with national experts and young adults who will offer insight, data and resources
- Explore topics such as collaborative leadership, communication, inter-generational understanding, vocational discernment and more
Separate sessions for vocation, young adult and youth ministry teams during member-only meetings,
including a practical workshop on engaging through digital media
Plus, enjoy our Friday Forum - a conversation covering the newest (and positive) data on vocations, social media and evangelization,
and perspectives from young adults
- CMSM members: $565/person | Vocation, youth and young adult ministry track: $515/person
- Registration includes all materials, welcoming reception, coffee breaks, daily continental breakfast, Wednesday luncheon (must pre-register for lunch) and the Thursday social and banquet. Pre-Assembly registration is separate.
- Join us Wednesday as we travel to St. Alphonsus Parish for a racial justice immersion evening with local clergy and young adults. We will listen to how they are working for change in their communities, dialogue and pray together. Organized with the support of the Archdiocese of St. Louis Peace and Justice Commission.
- Keynotes: Most Reverend David Konderla, Bishop of Tulsa, and Curtis Martin, founder and director of FOCUS
- Facilitator: Bro. Sean Sammon, FMS | Spiritual reflections: Rev. Ron Mercier, SJ
- Friday Forum, a conversation with Rev. Tom Gaunt, SJ, Ph.D.; Mary Hess, Ph.D.; Bro. Javier Hansen, FSC; Brian Miller; and Andrew Paulsen, BA, Ed.M.
- Wednesday Luncheon Speaker: Joseph Brown, SJ, Ph.D., on Racial Justice and Catholic Religious Institutes
- Closing Liturgy: Most Reverend Robert Carlson, Archbishop of St. Louis, principal celebrant
Hotel and Airport Shuttle
- Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel, 191 Westport Plaza Drive, St. Louis, MO 63146 (8 miles from the airport; please note that Google Maps and some GPS systems default the address to be "W Port Plaza," which is incorrect)
- Register using the link above or call 314-878-1500 (toll-free: 888-627-7064); say you are attending the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, CMSM 2018 National Assembly, at the Sheraton Westport Chalet
- Take the hotel's free airport shuttle, on the half-hour, 5 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Our Exhibit Hall includes more than 40 exhibitors this year (many are new!). Visit July 31 - August 2.